Photography Dates October
October 21, 2014
October 22, 2014
October 23, 2014
October 24, 2014
October 25, 2014
October 26, 2014
October 27, 2014
October 29, 2014
October 30, 2014
October 31, 2014
- October 21, 20148:00 am Enneagram RetreatLocation: 208 Grant Ave, Santa Fe, NM 87501
- October 21, 20149:00 am Fire Safety DemonstrationLocation: 208 Grant Ave, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Pope Hall)
- October 21, 20149:30 am Prayer Shawl Knitting GroupLocation: 208 Grant Ave, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Rendon Room)
- October 21, 20143:30 pm Child Development Center Advisory CommitteeLocation: 208 Grant Ave, Santa Fe NM 87501 (3rd floor conference room)
- October 21, 20145:30 pm Symphony Chorus RehearsalLocation: 208 Grant Ave, Santa Fe NM 87501 (Pope Hall)
- October 22, 20147:00 am Morning PrayerLocation: 208 Grant Ave, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Chapel)
Happenings of the Week October 17 to 26
- TGIF Tonight Friday, October 17, features Sergio Rodriguez and Cecilia Leitner in Songs of Faure and Poulenc and on October 24 Carol Redman, flute, and David Solem, harpsichord.
- Wednesday Worship and Study Opportunities: Morning Prayer at 7:00am, Base Community Bible Study at noon, and Prophetic Spirituality at 5:30pm
- Our last photography dates for the New Church Photo Directory are October 24 and 25. Sign up for a photography session online clicking here or call the church office.
- First’s Fourth Friday at the Shelter: We are volunteering every fourth Friday of the month from 8:30 to 12:30 at the shelter 2801 Cerrillos Road. We do NOT have to provide the food, just the service. Come from 8:30–10:00am to help with set up and food prep, 10:00–12:30 for serving and clean up or stay the whole morning! Our next date is October 24.
- Autumn Tea this coming Friday, October 24, in honor of our gracious members born prior to 1925. If this describes you and you did not receive an invitation, we may not have known your year of birth. You ARE invited, so please call the church office at 982.8544.
This Sunday, October 19, in the Chapel Ray Kersting will be presenting the colorful history of First Presbyterian (approaching 150 years now) in A Church that Remembers Its Past, Has a Future.
On the final Sunday of the showcase, October 26, Harry will talk about The Road to Renewal or why take a journey when we could just stay here?
Mission and Social Justice Retreat on Saturday, October 25, from 9:00am to 12:30pm in the Rendon Room. This is for the MSJ Committee as well as folks who are interested in mission and social justice. It will be led by Rev. Andrew Black. If you have read the book Toxic Charity bring it with you!
Items Needed for the Community Closet: We are collecting socks, underwear, small soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, feminine products, razors and sunscreen.
All Saints Sunday—November 2, 2014: We will read the names of those who have died in the past 12 months (November 2013–October 2014). If you have a loved one you would like remembered, e-mail your loved one’s name, relationship to you and date of death to email@example.com or call the office with names by October 30.
Spirit of the Seasons will be the fall exhibit beginning in late October in the Back Pew Gallery. We are looking for works that represent the spirit in color—any kind of art that represents for you the spirit of faith, of life, of the world. Painters, sculptors, photographers, fabric artists, jewelers, potters, calligraphers, and all other artist should call Andy Ritch (471.6596) or Carol Fallis (471.2860). The deadline for art is October 25.
One last week to Order Nametags this time around. Signup sheet on the lobby table.