Special Lent/Easter Services
- March 1 EvenSong will also be Ash Wednesday service at 5:30 p.m.
- April 9 Palm Sunday, services at 8:30 and 10:00 a.m.
- April 13 Maundy Thursday Holy Communion at 5:30 p.m.
- April 14 Good Friday concert at 5:30 p.m.
- April 16 Easter Sunrise Service at 6:30 a.m.
First Presbyterian has two worship services on most Sunday mornings.
8:30 a.m.—Morning Song Service
Morning Song is an informal service held in Pope Hall in the winter and on the rooftop garden in the summer. Morning Song is a participatory service for all ages, with special participation by the children and youth of the church. Modern music reflects the informal spirit of the service.
11:00 a.m.—Worship Service
A classic service is held in our historic sanctuary at 11:00 a.m. The lively cadence of the service also offers contemplative moments. Music reflects a broad space of spiritual music styles.
Upcoming Changes to Sunday Worship Service Schedule
- April 9 Palm Sunday services at 8:30 and 10:00 a.m. (No 11:00 service.)
- April 16 Easter Sunrise Service at 6:30a.m. (additional service).
- April 30 services at 8:30 and 10:00 a.m. (No 11:00 service.)
7:00 a.m.—Morning Prayer
Wednesday Morning Prayer is open to all. It meets in the chapel at 7:00 a.m. Six to 20 people attend on any given Wednesday …rain, snow, sleet or hail. A short prayer service is followed by coffee time with a far ranging discussion. The prayer service is built around the Presbyterian Book of Common Worship (Daily Prayer) and includes the lectionary readings for the coming Sunday, intercessory prayers and times of silence.
5:30 p.m.—Celtic Evensong Service
A new service at First Presbyterian Church, Evensong embodies the spirit of Celtic Christianity, which is attracting worshipers drawn by its beauty and mysticism as well as those who appreciate its contemplative peacefulness and quiet. Celtic music and readings set the stage for this unique service. Service is followed by light refreshments and fellowship.