Job Vacancy Announcement
$17.50-$20.00 per hour
The Office Administrator works directly with a wide range of individuals, including the pastoral and administrative staff, volunteers, church officers, congregants, visitors, guests, vendors, and the public. The position involves managing the day-to-day operations of the church office, providing support to the staff, coordinating the church calendar and space utilization, and procuring, maintaining, and disbursing as appropriate office equipment and supplies. The position requires excellent interpersonal skills and working knowledge of standard office management software.
- Serves as the first contact for the church
- Provides appropriate information and assistance to staff regarding personnel matters and benefits and works with the Personnel Committee to ensure that church is in compliance with federal and state personnel regulations
- Assures that all staff meet the requirements for entry into their jobs (background and reference checks, valid licenses, etc.) and that new employee orientation is completed
- Maintains personnel files and employment-related records
- Recruits and trains front desk and office volunteers and implements a robust volunteer recognition program
- Administers church office budget and maintains appropriate office supplies
- Runs mailing labels or reports from the church database
- Prepares, edits, formats, assembles, prints, distributes, and posts to the FPC website the weekly worship bulletins for Sunday services
- Creates and sends weekly electronic newsletter
- Schedules all groups and activities on church calendar
- Works with outside vendors and volunteers who maintain office computers, software systems, and office equipment
FPC offers 95% of cost of PC(USA) medical premiums; a 403b plan with match after 3 years of service; and paid sick, vacation, and holiday leave.
Post-secondary education at least at associate degree-level required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
Office management experience desired.
Interested applicants should email a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org